Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Movie Previews

There are some pretty awesome movies coming this year. Here are the ones I want to see, and maybe you do to! Sorry to ones I leave out that some of you might be DYING to see.

NOTE: Release dates subject to change.

January
6 - A Monster Calls - Liam Neeson voices a monster tree that helps a kid cope with his mom's terminal illness

20 - Split - James McAvoy plays a man with 24 personalities that kidnaps three girls and terrorizes them.

27 - A Dog's Purpose - The soul of one dog is resurrected through multiple dogs and influences its owners, making a connection to them all. Seems like a tear jerker for any dog owner/lover

27 - Resident Evil: The Final Chapter - I've seen the others and, other than the second one, they were pretty decent.

February
3 - Rings - I am a huge fan of the horror series, so I will for sure watch this one. Fun Fact: Ali and I got engaged on the night we saw the sneak preview to the original remake.

10 - Lego Batman Movie - Because Batman.
10 - John Wick: Chapter 2 - I just saw the first one, so I hope the second one is good too. As long as it doesn't turn into a Taken franchise disappointment after the second one.

24 - There's a Cloverfield Anthology Movie scheduled here - Of course I will watch it, even without a title yet.

March
3 - Logan - Old Man Wolverine? Sign me up
3 - The Shack - I read the book, so I'll see the movie.
3 - T2 Trainspotting - Of course I'll see the follow-up. Hopefully it can be as good as the first.

10 - Kong: Skull Island - Because King Kong
10 - Raw - A horror movie about a vegetarian forced to eat meat and becomes a cannibal. Sold.

17 - Beauty and the Beast - I think my girls might like this one.

April
7 - Smurfs: The Lost Village - I think my girls might like this one too.

14 - Fast and Furious 8 - Because... fast cars!

May
5 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Because I am Groot

19 - Alien: Covenant - Because ALIENS!!!
19 - Baywatch - I never watched the show, but this movie looks like some fun.

26 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales - Because Jack Sparrow.
26 - Life - This looks like a mysterious, modern, Sci-fi thriller.

June
2 - Wonder Woman - I really am looking forward to this one because she was the highlight of BvS last year.

9 - The Mummy - Tom Cruise? A Mummy? Possibly the start of the Universal Studies monster cinematic Universe? My kid mind cannot take it!

16 - Cars 3 - My kids may want to see this one as well.
16 - Kingsman: The Golden Circle - I hope this sequel is as good as the first one!

23 - Transformers: The Last Knight - I am hesitant about this one as it looks like Bumblebee might be in trouble, and I've liked the others... mostly.

30 - Despicable Me 3 - I think my girls will like this one.

July
7 - Spider-man: Homecoming - Nice to see him back in the MCU and fighting the Vulture. Should be a good one

14 - War for the Planet of the Apes - I LOVE these movies and thing Andy Serkis should get an Oscar for playing Caesar.

21 - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - Luc Besson's Sci Fi Movie that looks really neat? I'll check it out.

28 - The Dark Tower - I am a HUGE fan of Stephen King's book series, and to know what they're doing with it and the fact that they've cast Idris Elba in the lead as Roland make me VERY anxious, and scared, for this movie.

September
8 - It - Could be great, could be a disaster. So far, the images from the set look good, but you never know. This classic Stephen King book needs to be handled carefully.

October
13 - Friday the 13th - My favourite horror icon is remade? Redone? who cares... he's back and he's gonna kill 'em all!

27 - Saw: Legacy - Rumour has it this series will do one more movie... and I will be there.

November
3 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor, Hulk, and Dr. Strange in one movie? YASSSS!!!

17 - Justice League - The DC heroes unite and I hope this one works out. So far it looks good, but you never know.

December
15 - Star Wars: Episode VIII - Because... Star Wars

22 - Jumanji - It seems almost wrong to want to see it, but I do.
22 - Pitch Perfect 3 - Bring the Pitches Back!


Who knows what other gems may appear this year? Happy Viewing all!

No comments: